Performance Engineer - Mid to Senior Level
Northway Solutions Group has an immediate, direct hire (W2) opening for a Performance Engineer. This individual will be a part of an elite team of consultants that will work for various clients to implement leading edge application performance testing solutions. The job description includes the following:
- Being the primary owner of the performance testing process
- Providing quality assurance best practices and process related to performance testing and infrastructure optimization.
- Review of all performance documents to become familiar with the functionality of the application
- Ensure all performance related defects are addressed in the development lifecycle to resolution
- Work in a team environment
- Contribute information and ideas to improve existing performance of software products
- Contribute information and ideas to development of project plans
- Develop a load testing project plan
- Execute performance test scenarios
- Analyze test results and translate this into meaningful information for project stakeholders
- Create performance testing documentation and deliverables
- Meeting delivery deadlines and budget objectives
Salary / Wages
Salary + Bonus Structure with Health Benefits
Full Time, Employee
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Experience in all phases of Performance testing planning and execution.
- Experience working with a variety of enterprise class applications
- Experience in Relational or Object Oriented Databases
- Knowledge of C++, Java and HTML/additional technologies
- Desired broad knowledge of process flow, software development and project life cycle
- Extensive testing knowledge of Internet and/or Client Server platforms using manual and automated testing tools
- Strong software testing knowledge for Windows environments
- Broad knowledge of SQL and databases
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven expertise in testing complex N-Tier applications
- Existing knowledge of HP tools like LoadRunner and Performance Center
- HP AIS and ASE Certification a huge plus
Minimum 36 months active performance testing as primary role.
College BA or BS degree is preferred.
Up to 80% travel may be required with this position.