One of the biggest challenges facing testing leaders is having the ability to quickly assess the state of testing for a project. Organizations need to have the ability to understand not only test case counts, execution metrics, and defect metrics, but also to know when testing will be complete and to understand the entire scope of testing. No longer is it acceptable to manage testing with spreadsheets and emails. Executives want to know the exact state of testing, and they want to know it daily. Teams spend entirely too much time trying to pull data from spreadsheets and meeting notes to build status dashboards, only to turn around and redo it the next day or week.
HP ALM/Quality Center is the answer to that problem. This solution is the proven leader in IT quality management and fully supports your quality testing center of excellence (TCoE) initiative. This scalable, unified platform for automating the delivery of secure, reliable, quality applications enables you to implement a complete IT quality management infrastructure, establish consistent, repeatable processes and apply best practices for requirements management, test management, defect management and business components. HP ALM has the following core features:
- Enterprise Repository – for Requirements, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defects, and Reporting
- Release Management – for aligning requirements and tests to the release that is being delivered, and for establishing the testing milestones & KPI’s
- Requirements Management – for capturing and tracking the requirements associated with a project or release
- Test Case Management – for documenting the test cases and aligning them to the requirements through traceability
- Test Execution Management – for managing the execution of tests and capturing the results of the test execution
- Defect Management – for managing the defects that are discovered during project execution
- Dashboard Management – for creating and distributing reports and graphs associated with the testing process
Northway is an HP Elite Partner and an authorized reseller of all HP software products.